– Romy is 9 1/2 now and I can see that her interests and taste are changing. This time before they become teenagers. This time where they are not children anymore… too old for toys and too young for boys… or at least not interested at all in our case.
And I love this. I love the talks we have now. Her curiosity and personality that takes more and more shape.
When your kids were small / below eight you were usually confronted with many shops, things, toys, accessories and more. Probably more than one can need and digest. And then the overwhelming kids world starts to fade. There is less and there is a little gap for these cute 9-12 years old. But there are great things!
Here is my list of great gift ideas that I would buy without a doubt for my own tween. Read more
We baked some very simple vanilla cupcakes – or better Romy did – something easy to eat and hold for the birthday girl.
See the happy birthday girl. This is her. Always happy, always smiling – pure joy, bliss and happiness. Amazing!
And that cute little pointy hat… believe it or not… she was wearing for every meal the two next days… love her to bits!
September will be a very busy for us. Our little doll will turn O N E and just a week later Leonor will turn FOUR. And she is already asking on a daily basis if the big day has come…
When you ask her about her birthday wishes you get a very long description about her cake. At the moment it is a chocolate cake with loooooots of blueberries and strawberries and cream please. On top please!
And with four kids there are many things already in the house and I thought there are surely other people in the same situation. Here are a few ideas. Just note: Leonor is very (very!!!) fond of baby dolls! (and books and puzzles)
1. Maileg Metal Kitchen . A unit with three doors, hob top, sink and draining board. There is a yellow shelf unit and a hanging rail for cooking utensils.
2. Mini kit dodo – little baby doll in her sleeping nest. Great for traveling!
3. This deluxe pop-up version of Baum’s timeless classic The Wizard of Oz celebrates Oz’s 100th anniversary.
6. Paper Doll Blanket is a keepsake quilt, a doll, and a toy all rolled into one. This blanket comes with one dress and matching hair accessories. The bottom of the blanket has two large pockets for storing her extra outfits. Such a cute idea and something a little different for little mini mamas.
7. Fruit Blender Set with a detachable jug, 6 sliceable fruits, a play knife and 2 wooden tumblers, it comes complete with removable toppings. Miss Leonor loves smoothies. Very often she asks me to make a smoothie with her. This would be a great addition to the play kitchen.
8. Handmade doll. Truly unique dolls, shaped and sewn by hand in France.
9. An amazing 2m long and 15cm wide tricycle cardboard puzzle!
10. Portrait wooden toy. Super wooden toy to make different faces….