Photo: Paul & Paula
So what better than a banana bread we could do plus his big sister is on school vacay right now and this is such an easy recipe to make.
It is, quite frankly, one of the best family recipes ever.
Easy, quick and everybody loves it! Of course there are more than enough recipes to be found around the net and in the books, this is our favourite:
260g self raising flour
40g plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
140g brown sugar (really get the brown stuff, its a difference)
2 eggs, whisked
50g butter, melted and cooled
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
* preheat the oven to 180C
* grease a loaf pan
* combine the flours in a bowl and add the cinnamon and sugar
* in another bowl you mix the milk, eggs, butter and banana
-> whisking eggs and mashing bananas is a good job for the kids to do
* now you add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined
* spoon everything in the pan
* bake for around 45min/ a skewer should come out clean
I love it all fresh from the oven, still warm... Yum!